Saturday, June 5, 2010

goodbyes.

So like most of you, finals and other things have gotten in the way.

Let me update you on why you have one less friend on facebook.

I had to make the decision of letting Raleigh go. It was painful. I cried, then I cried some more. Then I made Amber go with me to meet the family I was giving him to, and after meeting them, I knew he was going to be in a great home. Without Callie, Kyle and Lisa (and Mark) to help me take Raleigh out when I am not home, he did not get the attention or the exercise a pre-teen dog needs.

He now gets to sleep in the bed of an 11-year-old girl, and have a yard & a dog door.

I am still pretty emotional about it. There is a westie on the side of the treats we now only give to Taco, secreting that oh so painful feeling when you find out in middle school that a boy doesn't like you.

I will forever remember Raleigh sleeping in the chaise,
Constantly trying to trip me/everybody,
Licking the crumbs off the kitchen floor,
And more importantly,
Eating his poop off the balcony.

He was a sweet doogal.

For Raleigh, this is my shout out:



I miss that poofball.

1 comment: