Wednesday, June 23, 2010

how embarrassing

I recently found out my position at Alkek may be transferred to another department, and so I will be getting a new boss. I found out this new boss's identity and have started a job hunt.

For a good while now, I have been slowly working on an "advanced" portfolio, whatever that means, and decided I needed to update my resume.

Not only for the reasons that Michaels Arts & Crafts still bore its bitter sweet name upon the resume but because I felt my interests needed to be updated.

The sad part is, I can't think of anything I am actually interested in that is interesting. If being into cream soda, lolcats and naps will get me a job, I would more than willingly put it on there.

But those things carry the smell of dirty hair and the perpetual eye bags.

And nobody wants to hire that girl.
At times, I wonder what people in my spanish class think of me because I always come in with an HEB brand cream soda. Do they think I am on my way to trailer park living, I will never fully understand the connotations of grocery-store soda.

But maybe, just maybe, I can at least pretend to be spunky on my resume & they will over look the fact that I wash my hair every other day when I should in fact wash it every day. So I can escape my fate of trailer parks and off-brand sodas.

I need to get off work so I can go drink and regain some of the shame I lost when I became such a dull-on-paper person.

I hope your resume makes you more interesting than mine does.
If not, you can come drink with me to enjoy a full-filling personal life.

When is graduation?

Until then, I am going to go back to looking at pictures of cats on the internet.

1 comment: